Member: Board of Directors
We are looking for someone (preferably with communications, fundraising and/or nonprofit management experience) who cares about maternal and child health and wants to help make a difference by serving on HMHB’s Board of Directors.
Implementing the strategic goals of HMHB’s core programs through appropriate planning, outreach and other activities.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attend quarterly meetings.
2. Assists in implementing the long-range goals regarding program and organizational development.
3. Develops and implements evaluation of programs or activities, as needed.
4. Contributes to the development of funding sources.
5. Assists with financial and legal oversight and compliance.
1. Establishes and maintains professional relations with other individuals and state/community organizations relevant to organizational activities.
2. Ensures confidentiality in handling all matters related to personnel, finances and other program related information/activities.
3. Helps establish and promote standards of quality, productivity and performance for health education and community planning.
– Education and work experience in health, social work, nursing, or a field closely related to maternal and child health and two years of experience as a health educator or in a professional position directly related to maternal and child health education.
– A minimum of two years experience in public health, or a related field, including at least two years experience in program planning, project implementation, and/or community organizing.
– Familiarity with public and private Maternal & Child Health (MCH) programs and related agencies in Hawaii.
Experience with nonprofit finance, accounting and/or legal highly preferred. Please contact us for more information.
Public Policy & Community Outreach Internship
PUBLIC POLICY & COMMUNITY OUTREACH INTERNSHIP
This is a part-time internship with Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Hawaii, a nonprofit organization. HMHB will work with students seeking school credit, providing an opportunity to gain practical, hands-on job skills in communications, government affairs and public policy advocacy work, with a particular focus on Paid Family Leave. All interns are subject to a flexible 10-19 hour/week, 3-month commitment.
Role and Responsibilities:
This position will report to the Executive Director and provide support for community organizing, data collection, outreach, print and digital communications and community relations (email, social media and website updates).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Community outreach and public speaking engagements.
- Assisting with the development of focus groups on Paid Family Leave.
- Maintaining relationships with partners and providing support for engagement activities.
- Organize and participate in visits to the State Capitol.
- Drafting testimonials and other writing assignments for lobbying efforts.
- Monitoring media and press related to HMHB and sharing internally as appropriate.
- Providing support for media requests and maintaining a press list.
- Scheduling, following up, and tracking opportunities/meetings with partners and government officials.
- Developing presentations and conducting research to prepare for meetings with partners and officials.
- Updating related content on website and within internal documents.
- Conducting web-based research and data collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Interest in government relations, public policy, communications, public health, child development, nursing, social work or related field desired. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in an office setting, proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite software, WordPress and experience with various digital channels.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
Give to Healthy Motherhood
Please support our programs and services by donating.
Click the button to give.