CRIBS FOR KIDS
Did you know that sleep-related deaths are the leading cause of accidental infant mortality?
“Hawaii Cribs for Kids” is a safe sleep education course for low-income, high-risk pregnant women and their families. This program provides education on the risk factors, how to create a safe sleep environment, and tracks the baby’s health throughout its first year of life.
Health centers and community partners refer eligible parents to HMHB and each participating family receives a free GRACO Pack n’ Play travel crib so their child has a safe place to sleep.
This program is entirely referral-based for qualified women by their social worker or case manager and self-referrals are not accepted.
Referral Agencies by County
- Child & Family Service
- Catholic Charities
- Hua Moon
- Kapaa High School
- Wilcox Medical Center
- Catholic Charities Hawaii
- Child and Family Services
- Family Promise of Hawaii
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Hana Like Program
- Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
- WCCHC Family Health Center
- Waimanalo Health Center
- Maui Family Support Services
- Lanai Community Health Center
- Maui Family Support Services, HFA Lanai
- Hana Health
- Molokai General Hospital Women’s Health Center
- Maui High School
- Malama I Ke Ola Health Center
- Maui WIC Programs
- Bay Clinic
- West Hawaii Community Health Center